Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen SPF 50 Review


Summer! What do you guys do in summer? Do you go to the beach, to the lake (not possible in Indonesia, I believe), or to the pool? Do you enjoy the sun? Don't forget to take a sunscreen, the extreme sunlight will damage our skin! And here, I picked the best sunscreen I have ever tried. First review I wrote during my stay in Montpellier, I guess (I don't have a DSLR neither supporting tools to create white background, nooooo).


I love this product so much I want to post the review as soon as possible.

I use this sunscreen everyday. Even when I woke up late, I made the effort to apply it all over my exposed skin before I go to school, I feel insecure without it (and it has to be SPF 50!). When Europeans try anything they can do to tan their skin, we, Indonesians, have enough sun already, we'll say no to tanning! I'm happy when people compliment me for my skin but I don't want my skin tone to go down by two shades, no (which already did).

Now, we want to enjoy the summer without getting sunburned!

Ingredients :
Aqua, Octocrylene, Benzophenone-3, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Benzoate, Glycerin, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Diisopropyl Adipate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyethylene, Sodium Polyacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Coco-Glucoside, Ceteth-10 Phospate, Dicetyl Phospate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Paraffin, Silk Amino Acids, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter, Panthenol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Colocasia Antiquorum Root Extract, Mangifera Indica Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Plumeria Acutifolia Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, May Contain:, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.
It has Benzophenone-3 (or Oxybenzone) which is commonly found in sunscreens and is believed to have side effects. There are good sunscreens with Benzophenone-3, I assume this is one of them, it even has a recommendation stamp from Skin Cancer Foundation on the back label, but if you're really concerned about it, forget this product.

Anyway, here is what they say for the product on their site (which offers useful informations about sunscreens too, go check them out) :
Introducing our new sunscreen lotion, the only sunscreen with hydrating ribbons for continuous in-sun moisture. With its ultra-luxurious hydrating silk ribbons, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ lotion sunscreen nourishes and pampers skin while providing broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection and 12-hour moisturization when out in the sun.

Features & Benefits:
• Lightweight, luxurious hydrating ribbons infused with silk protein pamper
  and protect skin when in the sun, providing 12-hour moisturization
• Safe and effective broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
• Nourishing antioxidants
• Exotic botanicals
• Warm tropical fragrance
• Lightweight feel
The bottle contains 180 ml of the product.

Sounds great. We all hate the greasy feeling that sunscreen gives. How about this one?


Refreshing orange color. Can you see those orange lines of the hydrating ribbons? Yup, you can actually see them!

It's not greasy AT ALL. Super light. Water resist. High protection from both UVA and UVB. Nice fragrance, but rather than 'warm tropical fragrance', it reminded me of chocolate the first time I smelled it. It's not a strong fragrance, so those of you who are sensitive with smell, no worries.

And, bonus! It moisturizes your skin for 12 hours.


Left : without. Right : with Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration sunscreen. I super love how it gives instant glow to my skin!

I have headache now and I need to go to sleep early so let's just move to the final judgement.

Where to get?
Amazon, maybe. I got mine from Monoprix near my flat.

Pros :
  • High protection from both UVA and UVB.
  • Good fragrance.
  • Light texture, nothing greasy.
  • Moisturizes skin for 12 hours, gives glowing effect to skin.

Cons :
  • Contains the controversial Oxybenzone.
  • Maybe--just a bit pricey, 14€. But it's totally worth-it.

Repurchase?
Definitely! I have used 3/4 of it!


Have a great summer!

By the way, do any of you know where I can find Shu Uemura stores in Montpellier, near Place de la Comédie? Please tell me if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...