Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Body Shop Born Lippy Stick Lip Balm Review

I always carry lip balm with me and I'm kind of a lip balm junkie. Once, my friend said "why do you only buy lip balms?!" Because they're cute, they vary, practical to carry and the easiest make-up to apply! Well, not really a make-up, but let's just say they are.

I remember these photos were taken a day right before my departure so they were rushed and a bit blurry, I apologize.

"You will need these," said my mom as she handed me over two lip balm sticks, she remembered that by the time I arrive in France, it will be summer. No for chapped lips, yay for lip balm!


Nice packaging, but not that adorable. Born Lippy comes in stick and pot with many fruity scents. These two are plum and pomegranate.


Notice a difference there? The red twister is a bit off, but it still works perfectly fine. I like how the cap covers the stick almost entirely. The last time I purchased their chocolate stick lip balm, it came with short cap, I put it it in my bag, it got dirt and all, ugh, gross. Not to mention it made me feel really sick many times (even before it got dirty), will never repurchase that one.


I thought it was grape, though.


And I thought it was apple! See, the twister is a bit off.

So what do they say about these two on their site?
Our cult lip balm in a stick format. Gives lips a pop of colour, a shot of moisture and a soft shine.
Plum/red tint
Subtle shine
Fruity plum/pomegranate flavour

Wtf what 'pop of colour', The Body Shop? They are not tinted at all. These are lip balm, not tinted lip balm. I didn't even know if they're supposed to tint your lips until I checked the site. Both smell nice, not too strong but it's not as faint as It's Skin Strawberry Macaron Lip Balm is. Those of you who are very sensitive with smell, avoid this.

I like the twister, it feels secured on your grip, the product slides out and in easily, unlike Etude House's Sweet Recipe Candy Stick--the product slid out but then it got stuck when I twisted it, I had to push it in manually with my finger.

I have been using the plum one for five weeks and I never felt sick (their chocolate lip balm traumatized me!). Lasts for 3-4 hours, like other ordinary lip balm.

Nooooowww.

Where to buy?
The Body Shop stores! They are everywhere.

Pros :
1) Nice fruity scent.
2) Long cap, protects it from getting dirt.
3) Proper twister.

Cons :
1) Not tinted, unlike their claim.
2) Might smell a bit too strong for those who are extremely sensitive with smell.

Repurchase? No, there is still a lot of lip balm out there to try out, but this is recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...