Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Etude House Dear Girls Be Clear Moisturizer SPF 30/PA++ Review

We know that applying toner and moisturizer before going with your BB cream or foundation is very essential. When I first started doing make-up, I didn't own any moisturizer at the moment, so I grabbed this right after Etude House released their Dear Girls line which used only organic ingredients and comes in 5-Free System; paraben, talc, mineral oil, artificial colors, animal ingredients.


Etude House's products always have pretty packaging! Look at those flower and ribbon decorations!


Pump for your hygiene's sake. Contains 50g of the product.


'Ingridients'? What.

So what do they say about this product? (from en.koredepart.com)
Adheres to skin to brighten skin tone without stickiness.
Blocks UV rays to create healthy skin.
5-vitamin extract and 7-organic extract offer full of nutrition to skin.
5 Free System (Paraben, talc, mineral oil, artificial colors, animal ingredients)

It's always good to have some sun protection in your make-up, I was happy finding out this moisturizer has SPF 30 in their formula. And that 5-Free System is just great!

Now, let's see how it works.


Hada Labo's moisturizer comes in transparent white liquid while Etude House's has thick white liquid with refreshing floral scent that stays on skin for minutes.


Blended out.


With flash.

While Hada Labo Ultimate Moisturizing Milk gives clear, watery finish, Etude House Dear Girls Be Clear Moisturizer leaves you with a matte white cast. Note that it doesn't last long, but you need to give some time for it to give you the brightening result you want before you start going with your BB cream or foundation. There was one day where I applied it with BB cream and powder in a rush, the white cast wouldn't tone down even if I waited for minutes. It was horrifying, my face was way far brighter than my neck. I ended up restarting my whole make-up.

I have to tell you that you need to be very careful with this moisturizer, apply it thinly with your fingers! With Hada Labo, I don't need to worry about applying too much moisturizer, let it dry for a while and BB cream time! With this one moisturizer, one full pump is too much. When it's too much, it leaves you a white cast that lasts long and if you go out, being exposed to the sun, IT MELTS.

IT.

MELTS.

No kidding, when I visited my boyfriend he asked, 'what is that white thing on your forehead?' FREAKING EMBARRASSING GRAAAAHHHH

*cough*

Well, if you apply it evenly, thinly, and carefully, you will get the result you want. I really like how it brightens my dull skin without sticky feeling. And it has SPF 30 so no need to apply more sunscreen! I don't get breakouts from this moisturizer too. But having to be careful upon application is too much of inconvenience for me, so I switched to my Hada Labo.

Price?
Rp 76.000,-/around $6.7

Where to buy?
eBay. I purchased mine from Chic Princessa.

What I dislike :
  • One full pump is too much? WHYYY. The pump should have been designed as its own measurer that gives you the perfect amount! Or do I expect too much?
  • White cast that stays forever when applied too much.
  • It melts (again, when applied too much) under the sun.
  • Wtf why so much work to get the result I want. 

    What I like :
    • Refreshing floral fragrance.
    • Cute packaging.
    • Hygienic pump.
    • SPF 30/PA++ for your sun protection.
    • Brightens the skin tone--when applied correctly.

      Repurchase? No.

      Thanks for reading, have a good day!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...