Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's Skin Macaron Lip Balm in 01 Strawberry Review

Bon appetit ! Omnomnomnom.


Okay, no, don't. It's a lip balm, not a real macaron for you to eat, no matter how tempting it looks please don't eat it. Once, my friend and my boyfriend saw this, my friend jokingly told my boyfriend to eat it. He took it, he opened his mouth and I swear I had a light heart attack there. My friend and I gasped when we saw it gone into his mouth as he made gulping sound. Of course he was also joking, he didn't really put it inside, but the lip balm could fit into his mouth! *inhales*

Onto the review!


What made me buy this lip balm? The packaging, obviously! *hides*


It's Skin offers the Macaron Lip Balm in 01 Strawberry, 02 Green Apple, 03 Grape, and 04 Pineapple. It contains 9g of the product. I chose Strawberry because I felt like--smelling strawberry? I don't know, later I regretted for not going with mint-colored green apple instead.


It's bigger than normal macarons (or maybe it's normal macarons that should be this big, yum). Don't try giving people heart attack by seeing if it could fit into your mouth, okay?

So far, this is my favorite lip balm. On lips, it feels lighter than my The Body Shop Born Lippy Stick Lip Balm. The strawberry scent is very faint yet so sweet. Remember how I told you that sometimes I can be such a sensitive ass with fragrances? Not even once this lip balm makes me feel sick. It does its job well, it moisturizes your lips, no chapped lips. Nothing outstanding from the lasting power, though, it lasts for 2-3 hours like any other lip balms, then you will need to reapply it.

Although the packaging is really cute, it has its own disadvantage. It comes in jar without applicator, which makes it possible for it to collect bacteria. There are three ways to apply this kind of lip balm; you can use a lip brush, your clean finger, or just dip your lips into it. I usually use the second or third way myself.

Still a favorite lip balm of mine!

Price :
Rp 65.000,-/around $5.8

Where to buy?
eBay. I bought mine from Chic Princessa.

What I dislike :
  1. Jar type without applicator, collects bacteria easily if not careful.
What I like :
  1. Sweet, faint strawberry scent. Good for those who can be extremely sensitive with scented lip products.
  2. Very light on lips.
  3. Cute packaging!
  4. Moisturizes the lips, not leaving them dry and chapped.
Repurchase? Nah, there are still tons of lip balm to try out!

As for you guys, how do you like lip balms in jar packaging? How do you usually apply it?

Thanks for reading, have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...