Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer (New Packaging) in Natural Beige Review

Dark circles, acne, blemishes, uneven skin color. There's this first aid magic called concealer to cover them! When my friend first introduced me to a concealer, I was very surprised by the result and decided to get one. It's my first concealer!


I have mine in renewed packaging.


The old packaging. Here's the new one.


Yep, it's cuter and they changed the shape of the wand applicator. Both come in two shades, Light Beige and Natural Beige. I have mentioned in the title that I got mine in Natural Beige, I'll just tell you once more in case you're that one super lazy reader.


The old one has the applicator like lip tint wands, this one has it more rounded, makes it easier for you to apply the product on your face in few little dots. But what's more important is the coverage power, so let's see how it works!


I drew a bear with Etude House's LUCIDarling Fantastic Brush Eyeliner which I won't review because you won't be able to find it anywhere, it had been discontinued.


I might have put them a bit too much. Good creamy texture. Creamier than before it's renewed, said a friend who has hers in old packaging and tried mine.


After blended. I normally use my ring finger to pat and blend out concealers because it's the most delicate finger (after your pinky, obviously). When you're covering your dark circles area with your finger, use your ring finger. Do note that the skin around your eyes are the thinnest!

Anyway, see how it covers the bear BUT reveals some wrinkles?

I would like to say that it has great coverage, it covers my dark circles and blemishes well, the color also suits my skin tone.

But here's what you need to know.

The other day, I applied some on, walked few minutes to nearby photo printing center to get ID photos for my student visa, went to check it on a mirror and the blemishes were back. I reapplied it, only to be surprised at how it made my pores look bigger and ugly. There was also this day where I was satisfied with how it covered my skin's imperfection, went to nearby mall and it wasn't there anymore. My skin wasn't even oily and I was in air-conditioned room. It can't last more than 25-30 minutes!

I was going to end this post but let me show you some photos of how it works on brighter skin tone.


Friend's bare hand.


She has no acne on her face (she said she had but it wasn't even showing, whatever I'm jealous) so we tried covering the veins instead.


Nice but take closer look and notice how it appears a bit yellowish on her skin. Not very noticeable but you might be bothered with it if you want perfect result.

Now, to end the post.

Where to get :
Most online shops have one. Bought mine from Chic Princessa.

Pros :
1) Good coverage.
2) Suitable color for most skin tone.
3) Cheap.
4) Great applicator.
5) Practical packaging, good to travel with.
6) Nice creamy texture.

Cons :
1) Will you last for at least more than an hour?!
2) Tube and wand packaging, makes it not possible to use up all the product. You can't reach the remaining product at the very bottom of the tube.
3) Application can't be layered, your pores would look bigger instead of getting better coverage.

Repurchase? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...