Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Yves Rocher Gloss Review

Hello, finally a new post! My mom lost the DSLR's memory stick, yesterday she found it back and today I took quick snaps. I struggled with the lighting--and God, someone needs to teach me how to use the camera properly. I always take photos when it's dark, I don't want my family to see me taking photos of a lip gloss!

Anyway, another lip product review! This time, a lip gloss from Yves Rocher. I used to hate using lip gloss because of the STICKINESS. But this one lip gloss surprised me!


...I had to stick my cow sticker on it because I didn't put it on a flat surface, it kept rolling down.

What is Yves Rocher? Other version of Yves Saint Laurent? (I got some people asking me this)
 
No! It is a beauty brand founded by French entrepeneur Yves Rocher. The company maintains a botanical garden in La Gacilly, Bretagne, France, which is open to public for free in warm months. Awesome company!

In their promotional posters, they say «Se réinventer chaque jour» and «Créateur de la cosmétique végétale», means 'innovating everyday' and 'creator of végétale cosmetic' (sorry for not being a good translator). In short, they use natural ingredients for their products. Yes, it is for you people with sensitive skin!

Honestly, I didn't even know this brand exists until I passed by the Yves Rocher store near my flat. I walked into the store, curious. The shop clerks were all smiley and nice, they will ask you whether you need their help as soon as you walk in (I will creep you out with my terrible French!). I bought some mascaras, lipsticks, a concealer and this lip gloss. The only things I keep for myself are the last two ones, I gave the rest to family and friends as a gift. Their products are rather cheap, really, I grabbed them without thinking much. And talk about quality!

Alors, what do they say about this product?

Yves Rocher USA | Yves Rocher France (The French one is the only one that has images and buyers' testimony.)

Ultra-light, non-sticky texture
A gloss as translucent as water. A sensual texture that is non-sticky and does not clump, enriched with Raspberry extracts for a sensory experience.
Glossy effect for light coverage and delicious lips.

The Plus: It's applicator’s design, moulded to the shape of the lips for an easy application and its soft tip which is a pleasure on the lips.
Paraben free formula.

0.15 fl.oz. Tube / 4.5 ml


Simple and nice packaging with a floral print.


Text in French with translation in English. Good, no need for me to translate anymore.


There is a spring inside the cap (white tube), make sure you secure it tightly after usage. I often forgot so it jumped.


Yes, the shape of the applicator is unique!



....my super tanned hand

I have to say that--IT LIVES UP TO THE CLAIM. Everything they say about the product is true. At first I didn't expect much from it, it was just something I grabbed randomly in a rush. And it surprised me! It is light, not awkwardly too shiny, sheer, buildable, and most importantly, not sticky at all. It has floral/fruity (can't determine) scent that is a bit strong, not very faint, you still can smell it when applied on your lips, but it's not overwhelming so I don't have a problem with it. This is something you need to note, though, the smell is a bit strong. I know some people can be extremely sensitive with scents.

I always apply lip balm beforehand because it doesn't have moisturizing effect. It lasts for 1-2 hours, gone after regular drinking and eating. Leaves my lips dry afterward, that's why I always use a lip balm first.

Oddly, on the site they only have up to nine shades while mine says on the bottom of the tube that it's the eleventh shade! Nah I don't know anymore.

Where to buy?
Use the store locator here. Yves Rocher products are mostly available in America and Europe, the only Asian country who has them is China.

What I like :
1) Cheap. 4,50
2) Light, sheer, not sticky.
3) Great applicator shape, easy application.

What I dislike :
1) Not available at local stores.
2) Has rather strong scent.

Recommended? Yes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...