Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

First Excursion

Post that is supposed to be up since August-September. Never mind, it's here!

The excursion is a part of our school, held for us students so we can go on a tour around the cities in France. Everyday they have different program of tour and they are all interesting! After class you can go to the administration building to sign up and pay, but you to be quick because they have limited places!

For the first excursion I attended, we went to Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert. It's a small village near Pont du Diable, a river where we would do canoë-kayak later.


Photo taken from bus window---so, yeah. Can you see the river with greenish water there?



See the river?! Ugh, I swear it was hard taking good photos of the river there. Really, I want to show you how cool the river is!!


After our bus stopped. Street view. Whatever, I like it.


TA-DAH! Eighteen posts and finally a photo of me (I'm just not a fan of selfies). When I had this as my profile picture on WhatsApp, some people were surprised because they know how I never go out with shorts (and that's the only shorts I have before I decided to buy another during summer sale). But I figured I had to wear shorts there. It's more practical and for my first two weeks there I always got people looking at me weirdly because I wear t-shirt, jeans, socks and shoes to class. 'It gets hot just by looking at you,' my housemate said to me. Well, in my country you can't go to class wearing tank top, shorts and sandals, unless you want your teacher to be glaring at you!


*dramatic BGM plays* It's here. The village! I'm coming for yaaaa!


WAAAOOOOWAAAWWOOOO the old village is so pretty, I can't even describe, I will let the photos explain for you!



*drools*





Inside l'abbaye de Gellone. An old church. I didn't listen to the tour guide very well, I can't tell you the history behind the church lol. But don't be mistaken, I like seeing old churches!


Would you like to try pronouncing these names?


You can buy some candles for you to pray.


The altar.


Et le verre s'est fait chair. 'And the glass is made from flesh'? I like the typography!


The church's fish pond. The church itself is actually pretty huge.

And finallyyyy


Main activity of the excursion I was looking forward to! Canoeing! I didn't take any photo after this one. We changed into our swimsuit and got into a small boat in a group of two person. I went with my housemate, I took the front side and we struggled to get the boat to move properly. We weren't doing it right, IT WAS SUPER TIRING. The tour guide had to come to help us, he brought our boat to where everyone was gathering. Then everyone swam happily--except me, because I CAN'T SWIM. I was only--floating, relying on my life jacket. PUTTING MY LIFE ON IT.

It would be really fun if I could swim *cries* I cringed whenever I see someone climbing the cliff and jump off into the water.

I still have more photos from other excursion, I will post them later! Thanks for reading, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...