Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Yves Rocher Stop Correcteur Malin Review

My first post in December! I'm sorry I have not been able to write much. Do you guys have certain plan for Christmas? I wish that this month will be another great month for you guys!

I will now review another product from Yves Rocher I randomly grabbed when I was in France! Which I use very often. To my surprise, all of their products I bought didn't go to waste. My friend loves the brown mascara I gave her, my mom uses the lipstick (I didn't get the chance to ask her whether she likes it or not), I use the concealer and the lip gloss.


I did a brief introduction of the brand Yves Rocher and a review of the lip gloss before, if you have not read it, do check it here yay!

So what does the product do?

Yep, you read it yourself. It is a concealer that Yves Rocher claims to be capable of concealing your acne, pimples, or any 'imperfection' and making them dry faster. Sounds amazing, no?

I assume this product is only available in France, because I could not find it in the US and Canada ones, so--here you go, in French, from their site :
Camoufle les imperfections et accélère leur disparition
Un correcteur indispensable à garder au fond du sac pour camoufler les imperfections et accélérer leur disparition.

Testé sous contrôle dermatologique
Composants d'origine végétale : Extrait de scutellaire

Son + : hyper pratique, c'est le produit complice par excellence, à emporter dans son sac à main partout avec soi.
What kind of writing is that, Yves Rocher?! 'Son +' (its +), really? Please try to write the description for your own product properly.

Aaaanyway. Google Translate in action.
Camouflages imperfections and accelerates their demise
Indispensable to keep in your bag to conceal imperfections and accelerate their demise checker.

Tested under dermatological control
Components of plant origin: Extract from Scutellaria

The Plus: very practical, the accomplice product par excellence, to be carried in her purse anywhere.

Ingredients (written on its plastic sealer) :
Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Paraffin, Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina, Phenyl Trimethicone, Salicylic Acid, Copaifera Officinalis, Resin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891

It contains 1,4 g of the product.
Expiration date and color of the shade. Unfortunately, they apparently only have one single shade for this product, I asked the shop clerk there for other shade option and a tester, but they did not have any. I read on their site that a lot of people complained for not having more shades available.

Stick type, you can use up all of it, the advantage of a stick-type concealer.

As you can see, the shade is actually very deep.



Without and with flash. Deep shade with orange undertone.

A little bit of rant from me :

This shade actually suits my skin tone really well. Before I went to France, I ordered a concealer from CANMAKE. It arrived when I was in France. After going back, I was surprised that this was the only concealer that worked on my tanned skin (I thanked my randomness for grabbing this thing!). My Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer and CANMAKE Cover & Stretch Concealer UV (both in Natural Beige) turned out to be too light for my tanned skin *sobs*

I did not even intend to tan my skin (when my friends back there tried really hard to get tanned). I was looking forward to try my CANMAKE concealer, forgetting the fact that the sun in France was harsh. My friend would not stop staring at me, wanting to have 'sun-tanned golden skin' I had. Well, it comforted me. Thank goodness my BB cream has this color-matching system, so I did not have to buy another in deeper shade.

End of rant!

So, does it really work?

It works on my dark circles well, better than my other concealers. Peach and orange tones are the best for your dark circles. The coverage is also great for other areas. But the texture is not creamy enough, it feels dry and it's hard to blend it out, especially on your dark circles. Yes, it works well there but the texture is the problem. While patting motion is the best way to blend out concealer under your eyes, it doesn't work with this concealer. I usually blend it out by rubbing and--reminding myself not to be harsh on my under eyes.

As for its lasting power, there is nothing outstanding. I'm sorry, I always failed to check how many hours it could last on my face, I can't tell you how long exactly it could last, but what I know is it's definitely better than Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer's lasting power.

It smells like---your foundation powder. Faint, does not bother me.

How about the 'drying imperfections' claim? Nah, I used it quiet diligently on a few pimples, it didn't medicate any of them.

Price :
4,10€ (around $5.6 or Rp 67.000,-)

Where to buy :
Yves Rocher stores. Use the store locator here. Yves Rocher's products are mostly available in America and Europe, the only Asian country who has them is China.

What I dislike :
  • The dry texture, making it hard to blend out around under eyes.
  • Does not last for long time.
  • Does not actually make acne dry faster.

What I like :
  • Works great on dark circles.
  • Cheap (yes, this has to be added!).
  • Matches my tanned skin well.

Repurchase? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...