Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Kawaiikkuma Buying Service Review

HELLO GUYS, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Okay, this is late. Did you guys have a merry Christmas? I hope you all did! I only went to the church on Christmas Eve and spent the Christmas lazing around at home but I was truly happy! This year all my best friends are in the town (they all go to different uni) hehehe.

Three or four days ago, I wrote an entry but I was not able to finish it. It's about an event called Comic Frontier that I participated in. I promise I will post it as quickest as possible! (Edit : Posted here.)

Speaking of Christmas, I usually do Christmas shopping with my mom and my brothers, but apparently it was not possible to do it this year. Still, I wanted to get one, so I decided to look for this LIZ LISA dress I fell in love with online and I found it on Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Link here.


Questions popped up. 'How do I do things on this site? Can the seller send it to my country? Should I use Tenso? But to use Tenso's forwarding service, you have to buy the items you want on your own with credit card---right? Oh, this is starting to be confusing. Okay, buying service that is!'

I stumbled upon Kawaiikkuma!

(site link here, or for fellow Indonesians, Kaskus thread here.)

An online store who has been selling Rilakkuma merch from Japan in Indonesia and overseas for years. They undoubtedly can handle this stuff perfectly fine! And oh hello you got kuma on your name too.

They charge 1000 JPY per item and 5% payment fee for their partner in Japan from overall transaction for every transaction. For example, since my item is an auctioned item, I will have to pay for the deposit first and pay the rest later, so I got charged 5% twice.

Kawaiikkuma offers two types of buying service; All-In-One Service and Direct Service. For the first option, your item will be sent to their partner's address in Japan, then to Indonesia, and finally to your place. They will take care of the things with customs and everything. Direct Service is--basically just like its name, from their partner in Japan then to your place. If you are not residing in Indonesia, I guess this will be your only choice. Worry not, I chose the second service too! Since I want my pretty dress to arrive as soon as possible lol.

Here goes the journey!

17/12/13 : Placement of order. I emailed them at 1 PM and they replied me at 7 PM. Not very fast but they still reply on the same day!
18/12/13 : I made the payment and they put bid on the item.
19/12/13 : They congratulated me for winning the auction!
24/12/13 : My item arrived on their place in Japan. Photo of the dress in package attached on the email. And here comes the pain, settlement invoice!
25/12/13 : I completed the payment at 1.34 PM but--
26/12/13 : Item sent to Indonesia. I was disappointed that they did not send my item on the day I paid. I made the payment as fastest as I could so they could send my item on the same day, but I guess I still could not make it?
30/12/13 : PACKAGE ARRIVED PARTY TIME. Wait, Christmas has passed! It's actually for Christmas!! Whatever, PARTAAAAYY.


Charge details :
First payment
1,900 JPY (max. bid, amount deposited for the auction) + 1,000 JPY (service fee) = 2,900 JPY
2,900 JPY × 130 IDR = 377,000 IDR

300 JPY left from the auction, used for shipping fee.

Second payment
90  JPY (domestic shipping fee, it was 350 JPY at first but turned out to be 390 JPY on the invoice) + 110 JPY (bank fee, charged because the seller used different bank account) + 155 JPY (5% payment fee from the first payment) + 1,240 JPY (EMS shipping fee for a 600g item) + 62 JPY (5% payment fee from the second payment) = 1,657 JPY
1,657 JPY × 130 IDR = 215,410 IDR

Total amount paid : 592,410 IDR (What.)

I took the image above from their Kaskus thread. I can tell that they are very organized, they have this posted on their thread for every order made. This might be unnecessary but they used various fonts and colors on their thread, making their writing looks cute, neat, and easy to read. I was surprised, people on Kaskus don't usually pay attention to this kind of thing, really.

Anyway, photos!!


WOOOHOOOOBUHOOO


Open it like a Pocky box!


'What? Did they put in a Pokémon pillow by mistake?' I thought. By the way, I like the old version of Pikachu better. The new one looks like it's been told to work out, it's doesn't look so fluffy and puffy anymore.


It's only a plastic bag from Pokémon Center! It has XY's legendary Pokémon on it, makes me want to buy Y because I like the deer (I'm certainly keeping this uber cute plastic bag). Inside the bag is my beautiful Liz Lisa dress!!


*goes crazy over the dress*



No photo of me wearing the dress because I suck at OOTDish photos. I tried though.

The quality of the dress is not questionable. At first, the skirt part is not as fluffy and as soft as I thought it would be, the white color also turns out to be more beige, but it's still soooo nice I was overwhelmed when trying out the dress. The top part's material feels super nice. I have been wanting for a Liz Lisa dress terribly bad and I finally have one.

Back to the review!

The person replying my emails was very nice and actually reply me real fast too (except for the first day). I'm satisfied with their service and I have no complaint! (Edit : Ok I probably have a complaint. That is the service fee. At first, I assumed that all Japan shopping services are expensive as heck, but I found this. 1000 JPY for every item is just--ugh, it pains when the service fee costs more than the item itself, but it's my poor wallet's problem ok.)

I definitely would recommend their service to you whenever you want to buy something from Japanese online stores. The person in charge of replying my email was very nice, they reply fast and they always give me updates of the order--which feels reassuring. They always mark your package as a gift too, so no need to pay more tax when you receive your package.

Now it's almost the end of the year, I would like to thank you for reading my blog! Happy new year to you guys! Excuse me, my head is fuzzy, I write this blog entry as I drink wine I want to throw myself to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...